Tuesday, December 23, 2008

T'is the Season to go Crazy


What happened to the holidays being a time for family and friends? I went to the store 2 weeks ago to buy a Gift Card for my friend and had to wait 30 MINUTES for a gift card! What is wrong with out society. It's not about how much you buy people, it's about the time and effort you put into their gifts. I would rather receive a sweet loving note from a friend then some expensive thing I don't need. I can't even go shopping right now without people pushing around and fighting in line, WTF. This is my annoyance of the day, or possibly even the month.

My 21st Birthday is in a little less then two weeks, I am so so excited, but at the same time worried. I had a slight problem with drinking a little over a month ago, and I am worried about starting up again. I am 5 weeks sober, but have decided to start drinking in moderation again on Christmas Eve. By moderation I mean no more then 2 days a week and no more then 3 drinks at a time, and I guess I will go from there.

I am a girl, and therefore do not understand the male sex, and could definitely use some advice. There are so so many guys I have been talking to on the phone and online, and most of them seem really nice and want to date, but right now I have been so busy with School, my daughter and work, that I have been putting off going out with each of them. I am not sure what I want, so maybe that is why I keep canceling dates and bailing on them. Last month I was dead set on getting married in the next two years and having another kid right before a get my degree, but now I am kind of enjoying playing the field and seeing what's on there. At the same time I am hoping some knight in shining armor will just show up, and be everything I need and want in a man. I am really really close with one guy in my life, and he has been there for me more then anyone in the last few months. When we first started hanging out I developed a huge crush on him after about 2 days, and I thought he would be the one that I married. Over the last three months I have shared more of my life with him then I have with anyone else, and have hung out with him whenever I have free time. I told him not to long ago how I felt about him, and he just kept emphasizing that we will be friends "indefinitely", which I thought meant move on. He told me that he really liked me too, but was not in a place to be more then a friend to me. After that I tried to move on, and I did somewhat. Like 3 weeks ago I told him I thought we were entering the friends forever zone, which means that chances of us being more then friends were becoming slim, he was disappointed, but did not seem to concerned. It feels like now though he wants to be more then friends, and I love him with all my heart, but I am afraid I will break his heart, and I am afraid that things wont work out and I will lose the best friendship that I have ever had. Plus I am still sort of feeling like we are in just friend land, but then when I am with him everything just feels so right. I just don't know what to do . . .

No comments: