Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's Summer Time!

Well the summer is almost here, and Alaina is getting older by the day!


My life is going great! I am still working retail *for now*. I am spending my free days with my baby girl who is 3 and a half now, and with my boyfriend of two months. Things could not be better. My meds are finally stabilized, at least I think so lol. I had a relapse with drinking, but it was short and I jumped right back on the sober wagon. I am starting to figure out who I am and I am loving me!


M- My new boyfriend. He is super sweet. He treats me and Alaina great. He is kind, funny, sweet, considerate and everything I am looking for in a man. We have our hiccups now and then, but nothing to serious. What I love about him is that we are so different but we click so well. We have different religious and political views, but we don't let that get in the way, instead we joke about it and concentrate on the things we agree on the the similarities we have. We share an interest in psychology (that is his major and masters) which is great! We spend tons of time talking and cuddling, and well I am in love for the first time in a lil while, and I am in the first healthy long term relationship I have been in for awhile. We have gotten pretty serious pretty quick, but it just feels so right . . .


Alaina- She is doing great. She finally started peddling a bike about two months ago and loves going on bike rides. We go to the park almost every time I have her. She is also going through a huge Arthur phase which is great because I love watching Arthur too :) She is Mommy's lil girl. Tomorrow she starts swimming lessons again for the first time in a year, so we are both excited for that, and now that she is over three she will be in the pool solo without me; Oh well I will just watch from the sidelines. I also took her tubing behind my parents boat last weekend with her on my lap. She was a little scared but enjoyed it. What she enjoyed even more was watching me tube by myself and being thrown in the water lol. Alaina is flipping smart, people have always told me this, but I am finally starting to see it myself. The other night I read her a book, and she was able to read the whole thing back to me page by page, in her own wording but with the right words on each page, I was like OMG I have a genius baby!


Me- I am doing as good as can be expected. A long time friend of mine started a company and has made me the partner. I am doing all the marketing, advertising, HR, customer service, client management and other stuff for the company, and am loving it. Today he even asked if I would like to put my name on the bank accounts so I would have access to the funds for marketing, Woot! Woot!. I just celebrated one month of sobriety after a quick relapse I had in May. I am somewhat upset because I would have had 6 months of sobriety last week, but instead I was celebrating one month, but that is my own fault and I can't let the guilt eat at me, I need to just think of this as another learning opportunity and a fresh start. I am trying to enroll for school again in the fall so that I can finish my degree, I only have a little over a year to go and I will be done. Also I am still working retail but am looking for a full time or part time better paying job. I stopped taking my ADHD meds because they make my bi-polar worse and make my moods up and down more frequently, this has made a HUGE difference. I am now stable and happy :)


That is about it for this update. I am in DBT therapy now, which is helping me build great skills for the rest of my life. I am also seeing my counselor once a week which helps. I have been working on my faults and I am currently working on my 4th step for AA. It is such a wake up call to see all of these repetitive negative things about myself written down in a notebook, but I am starting to see my character defects and behaviors that I have been repeating since teen years and mistakes that I keep remaking. In future steps I will ask God to remove these character defects.


Ok that is all for now, I have to finish working on Troys fathers day present : )

2 comments:

Stand Up said...

i feel so welcome now! yay i get to see your blog!!

have you given this new man of yours that checklist survey a few posts down???? you betttteeer!!! make sure he is your soulmate!

love ya
suzy

Stand Up said...

p.s. what email do you use for your blog, i need to invite you to my private blog