Friday, July 17, 2009

For Better or Worse: the Newest Developments and Changes


Wow it has been only a month since I have updated my blog, yet it seems so much longer. So many things have changed or are changing in Alaina's and my life. Hmmmmm where to start . . .

Alaina- She is still in full blown terrible two mode, there is no stopping her. I tell her to come to me so I can fix her hair she runs, if I am trying to cook something and ask her to stay away, well she is right by my side. I am very close to using the reverse psychology method on her like my roommate does on her son :) I am trying, key word trying, to potty train Alaina, but she has no interest, she hates pull ups and will only sit on the potty so she can flush it and put toilet paper in it. If it were not for her extensive vocabulary I would think she is like every other two year old, which she is, and she is not. Alaina is a very intelligent toddler (and no I am not just saying that because I am her mom, a few doctors have stated this as well). The way she plays on her own, or even with others is more in the three to four year old range. I love just sitting and watching her, you can learn so much about your child just by observing. She still loves baking and cooking with me, so I try to let her help whenever possible. Yep so that is the update for Alaina, still as cute and adorable as can be, and still making trouble whenever the opportunity arises.

Boys/Men- Well K and I broke up. Actually it was on our three month anniversary, he chose softball over me...AGAIN, after we had already made plans to go out to dinner to celebrate. To make a long story short, the day before we hung out, so he told his teammates not to schedule a for fun practice, the next day, Monday (Our 3 month); he had a game that I was aware of so we planned on dinner around 8:30 or so because the game was at 7. I sit at home and wait and wait (similar to the blog post a few down), and eventually around 10 he calls and is ready to go. I am ticked at that point and tell him just forget about it, I am not hungry. I have him come and pick up his dog and go to the bar with a friend instead who was in town from South Carolina. Keith and I end up arguing on the phone, I break up with him. A week later we talk and think about making it work, but nothing comes of that, which is fine.

My take on this relationship and why it did not work out-There are many reasons. He was too busy with Softball (3-5 days a week) and work, and I was too busy with my schedule. Also, he believed that feelings only came from the heart, not the brain. I am a very analytical person, so I am all about the brain, that drove him nuts. He could not stand that I questioned everything, and thought about things so much, I need a man who appreciates that, not that gets annoyed by it. Also, he said he was ready to settle down and get married, but his actions did not speak that. I could keep listing reasons why it did not, but I think my point has been made. I have now added to my perfect man list "must be willing to make time for girlfriend" :)

School/Work- Bad BAD, BAD topic. Work I just received a three day suspension from because I am always coming in 5-10 minutes late (yes that is an awful trait I have, never being on time). I love having 3 days off, but I am extremely extremely close to being pointed out of the company (fired, this place uses points as their punishment system). I can't afford to lose my job, I need it with the economy being the way it is, so I really really need to shape up. As far as school goes, well that is an off limits topic too, that is how bad it it.

Life- I am planning on moving out in the next two months. A close friend of mine from college and I are getting a newer big mobile home together, the only thing in the way right now is she lives in Rochester, and I need to find her a job up here in the cities. My roommates are driving me nuts, very very nuts. My female roommate is trying to weem herself off a strong anti-depressant which is making her more bitchy and moody then a teenage girl. She keeps getting on me for different things and making me feel like a 12 year old (she is totally mothering me more then my own mom did). Also, it is hard living with 2 other people and 3 kids, I think Alaina and I just need our own space. As of recently I am planning on getting a tattoo on my right wrist, a small one that says Live Laugh, with a four leaf clover separating the two words (to represent the Irish blood that runs through me). I am doing this because I am fed up with always looking for love, and the perfect man to sweep me off my feet. I have decided that I need to concentrate on living my life and being happy (laughing). If I do this, then hopefully eventually true love will come and I will find my Romeo.

That's it for now, I need to go spend some quality time with my beautiful girl before I go to work.

No comments: